Troy Lee Designs D3 Carbon MIPS Helmet
Its hard when you are Troy Lee Designs to keep improving on products when you get top marks 3 years in a row for the best full face helmet on the market in the Troy Lee Designs D3 Carbon Mips Helmet, but this is what Troy Lee Designs are best at. Taking an already world class leading product and making it better.
Troy lee have used hand laid pre-preg carbon / composite / MCT weave blend for superior shell construction and weight reduction in the Troy lee D3. The top layer is made out of UD (unidirectional) carbon weave which provides strength and give the helmet style which is always expected from Troy lee.
They use high modulus Kevlar to reinforce high impact zones for increased strength a rigidity while also using Nylon reinforcement polymer in key high-wear and impact zones.
All Troy Lee Designs D3 Carbon helmets are all equipped with MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System) taking one of if not thee safest full face helmets to the next level of protection.
Troy Lee Designs D3 Carbon MIPS Helmet Core Features
– Dual Density MIPS Protection
– Technologically advanced carbon fiber shell construction
– MIPS brain protection system, reduces rotational forces to the brain
– Digital wind tunnel-tested, aerodynamic shell design
– Revolutionary injection-molded air intake system
– 20 high-flow intake and exhaust ports for maximum ventilation
– Added eps and new headform shape for improved impact performance
– Full incremental sizing for greater range of fitment
– Deep eps channeling for optimal airflow
– Strategically placed interior chinbar shock pads for comfort and durability
– Removable, washable padded liner with coolmax™ and dri-lex™ moisture wicking materials
– Contoured 3d cheekpads fit anatomically
– Quick-release cheek pads for emergency helmet removal
– Purpose-built internal cavities for audio integration
– Titanium hardware for reduced weight
– Includes 2 lightweight, streamlined visors and a helmet bag
– Exceeds bicycle certifications: CPSC 1203, CE EN 1078:2002+A1:2012 ASTM F1952-15, ASTM F2032-15, ASTM F2040-11
– Not intended for use with motorized vehicles