HXR Components Boost Hub Adaptors
The HXR Components Boost Hub Adaptors have been an awaited product in the cycling industry and a solver to a lot of peoples needs, with the quick jump to Boost hub spacing on most 2016 bikes onwards we have seen plenty of people have to take the plunge on a brand new wheelset or a hubs to cater for their new frame or fork. It’s a nice quick fix to save you some money before eventually splashing out on a new wheelset.
The kit includes:
- 2 black hard anodised spacers for the hub
- 1 black hard anodised and graved spacer for the disc
- 6 rotor bolts for the disc with Loctite applied
- Weight: 26 grams with the screws
Installation is very simple and is explained in these steps below:
- Remove disc rotors from bike
- Place HXR disc spacer behind disc and place the longer rotor bolts supplied through the 6 holes
- Torque rotos bolts to 3 – 5 NM (if torque wrench is not available, be careful to not overtighten bolts but ensure they are tight enough)
- Place HXR Washers either side of the hub, the easiest way to do this is to insert the axle on one side of the frame/fork so that it sticks through just enough to place one spacer on the axle. Carefully slide the wheel into the frame and push axle through the hub and insert the second spacer between the frame and hub on the other side. Ensure axle is tightened to its recommended setting.
- Your rear derailleur will need its limit screws and cable tension adjusted for the gears to shift efficiently
- Your Disc brake calliper may also require some adjustment
If you get stuck with any of the steps above feel free to contact us on 01243 698689 or email us email@example.com