Troy Lee Designs A2 Helmet With MIPS
A new era for Troy Lee Designs trail lids. The all-new Troy Lee Designs A2 MIPS Helmet is here. Lighter. More Ventilation. Increased Safety and all Troy Lee Designs trail helmets, the A1 and now A2 will be fitted with MIPS.
Troy Lee never sits on his laurels and is always trying to increase safety and comfort in the whole clothing and protection market. The A2 was no exception. They have listened to feedback from everyone out there and have built this helmet around gaining more ventilation, they have now increased the ventilation in the new Troy Lee Designs A2 helmet by a massive 25% but by actually have less ventilation ports on the helmet. (13 compared to A1s 16) Troy Lee Designs have made the helmet with more elongated vents while also keeping a similar shape to the A1 but just sleeker, trimmed down and maybe a little more aggressive?
An added shark fin to the back of the helmet which has come from the leading full face helmet, the D3. This is their to keep your googles from slipping over the top for all the enduro riders out their who love a trail lid and goggles 😉
The guys at Troy Lee Designs wasn’t just satisfied with adding MIPS to their trail lids but have also EPP which is a softer liner in the between the EPS and MIPS liners. The EPP helps towards low impacts, so now not only do you have MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System) for rotational impacts, EPS for high velocity impacts, you now have EPP for low impact. Troy Lee Designs claim it to be the “first for this class of helmet”
Troy Lee A2 Helmet Safety Features:
– MIPS Brain Protection System, Reduces Rotational Forces To The Brain.
– Dual Density Imapct Liner With CO-Molded EPS And EPP Providing Safety At Multiples Impact Velocities.
– Polycarbonate Shell With Aerospace Filament Reinforced Shell Liner.
– 16% Extra EPS Thickness In Frontal Lobe Impact Zones.
– Raised EPS Splines For Improved Impact Absorption.
– Anodized Aluminium Hardware With Breakaway Technology.
– Exceed Certification Standards: CPSC 1203, CE EN 1078, AS NZ 2063:2008
TLD A2 Helmet Fitted Features:
– Fixed Side Strap Anchors For A No Fuss Perfect Fit Everytime.
– Slimline Flexible Stabilizer Arms.
– 13 Postion Adjustable Stabilizer Baskets At Front And Rear Attachment Locations.
– Large Eyeport And Side Clearance For A Perfect Goggle Or Glasses Fit.
– Multiple Configurations For Glasses Storage.
– Multi Position Metalized Cam Lock Adjustable Rear Stablizer With +- 20mm Movement (60MM Horizontal, 20mm Vertical)
A2 Helmet Ventilation Features:
– 25% Increase In Air Intake And Exhaust Port Surface Area Size Coupled With Deep Internal Channeling Allows Ample Airflow And Cooling Efficiency- Extra Plush Comfort Liner With Hydrolytic Foam And X-Static Fabric For Quick Dry Moisture Wicking Performance.
Troy Lee Designs A2 Helmet Additional Features:
– Troy Lee Ultra Breathable Helmet Bag.
– Accesory Sticker Kit And Extra Visor Hardware Included
– 3 Year Warranty
Troy Lee Designs A2 Helmet Reviews
Troy Lee Designs A2 Helmet Size Guide