RRP Proguard Mudguard
I think we have finally found a full front mudguard that we like! RRP Proguard. Spotted these on instagram and then chatted to the guys at Rapid Racing Products at a trade show recently.
All the features on the RRP Proguard come from not being satisfied with other brands on the market. Clearance being one of them. RRP have maximised clearance on the Proguard by making the front longer and then reducing the aggressive curve down at the front. The fork brace indent is larger than any on the market giving greater clearance. Its massively noticeable after I stuck it on a fox 36 with rims that are 30mm inner and a DHF 29 x 2.5 WT Maxxis tyre and as you can see below… So much more clearance than any other!
RRP have given you 24 crown holes to ensure you can get a perfect fit on 26, 27.5 and 29″ forks. RRP have also created the seal guard which as you can tell from the name it increases protection on your fork seals to keep them running a smooth as possible during the winter months or even summer in the UK!
Words From RRP about the RRP Proguard
“The ProGuard is an amazing front mudguard for mountain bikes offering unmatched protection from mud and spray, it’s perfect for Enduro or Downhill racers and essential for the weekend warrior looking for the very best protection. Our design intent was to increase the tyre clearance, improve fit, and reduce the mud clogging issues seen with this type of mudguard.”
RRP Proguard Features
– 2 sizes: Standard offers superb coverage and protection. Max is 21mm longer at the front and 68mm longer at the rear offering incredible coverage and levels of protection,
especially for high speed racing
– Fork brace indent allows for greater tyre clearance
– 24 Crown holes ensure a perfect fit
– Longer front minimises high speed spray
– Rear flick offers even more protection during turns
– Seal protection increased with our acclaimed seal guard design
– Compatible with all 26”, 27.5” and 29” forks (reverse arch not compatible) with tyres up to 3”
– Standard: 119g, Max: 133g
– Made with RRP’s unique polypropylene mix which gives great flexibility, durability and strength